Rice is something loved by almost everyone. While fitness enthusiasts tend to stay away from it to avoid accumulating fat, foodies don’t hold back their tastebuds.
There are several varieties of Rice, one of which is Lemon Rice. It has a wholesome aroma of fresh spices blended effortlessly with the taste of lemon.
Also Read: White Sauce Pasta Recipe
As a beginner in cooking, you can count on this Lemon Rice recipe to get your kitchen journey going.
- Leftover Rice – 6 Cups
- Mustard Oil – 5-6 Tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds – Half tablespoon
- Curry Leaves – 2 Sprigs
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 2 tablespoon
- Split Bengal Gram (soaked) – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili (finely chopped) – As per taste
- Salt – As per taste
- Roasted peanuts – 2 Tablespoons
- Coriander (finely chopped) – 5-6 sprigs
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1-2 Tablespoons
- Red Chili flakes/powder (optional) – to be added at the end
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Now slow down the flame & add mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering, add finely chopped garlic.
- Roast the garlic till it becomes light brown in color. Afterward, add curry leaves, Bengal gram, green chilies & turmeric powder. Saute them together for 30-60 seconds in slow flame.
- Now add Rice, put some salt over it, and mix it properly.
- Cover it and let it cook for 4-5 mins. Keep stirring in between so that the Rice doesn’t stick on the base of the pan.
- Now, take it off the gas. Add lemon juice and some coriander and mix it with the Rice.
- Before serving it, sprinkle some peanuts over it and enjoy the meal with your loved ones.
Also Read: Golgappe (Water Balls) Recipe
The Lemon Rice recipe is amongst the easiest recipes to cook and delve into divine taste. You may eat it during any time of the day, from early morning to late at night.
Liked reading my blog? Please subscribe to The Word Street Journal for regular updates.