Hair Care is important for every woman. It can make or break a good first impression and is something that we spend most of our time thinking about.
Whether you have long, short, curly, or any other kind of hair, you should always keep in mind certain things when caring for them.
The secret to healthy hair care is to avoid using harsh chemicals on your strands, which will damage them over time. You also need to use products that won’t dry out your scalp.
Have a look at the following tips to maintain healthy and beautiful hair.
Shikakai is an excellent natural remedy for your hair. It’s made from the bark of the Moringa tree, which grows all around India. It’s rich in proteins and amino acids that help strengthen hair follicles.
To prepare Shikakai powder:
- Boil 1 cup of water until it reduces by half.
- Add 2 cups of dried Shikakai leaves to the hot water and keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth and store the liquid in a jar.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a wonderful plant that contains many beneficial compounds. One of its main benefits is that it strengthens hair follicles and protects them from environmental stressors.
To make aloe vera gel:
- Cut open the center of an aloe vera leaf.
- Remove the inner part of the leaf and discard.
- Cut the remaining portion of the leaf into small pieces.
- Place the pieces of aloe vera inside a blender along with 3 tablespoons of honey.
- Blend together until smooth.
Apply the gel directly to your hair and wrap your head with a towel. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly. Repeat twice a week.
3. Rice Water
Rice water is an excellent treatment for dry hair. It cleanses the scalp and encourages hair growth.
To prepare rice water:
- Soak 3 tablespoons of rice in water for 12 hours.
- Combine the drained rice with 1 quart of warm water.
- Cover the mixture and let it steep for 8 hours.
- Strain the liquid through a cheesecloth or a Fine Mesh strainer and discard the solids.
Garlic is known for its ability to strengthen hair. Its sulfur-containing compounds help protect against damage caused by environmental pollutants such as chlorine.
To make garlic oil:
- Chop up three giant heads of fresh garlic.
- Add them to a jar containing a quart of vegetable oil.
- Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for at least 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture rest for 24 hours.
- Discard the solid material.
- Allow the liquid to settle overnight.
5. Coconut Milk Hair Conditioner
Coconut milk is another great option for conditioning your hair. It contains lauric acid, which strengthens hair follicles. It also helps prevent breakage and promotes healthy hair growth.
To make a coconut milk conditioner:
- Place a 14 ounce can of coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and stir in two teaspoons of honey.
- Transfer the mixture back to the stove and cook for another five minutes before applying.
6. Homemade Hair Masks
Homemade masks are easy to create at home. All you need is a few ingredients like eggs, milk, butter, honey, etc. Here’s how to make some homemade hair masks:
- Curry Leaf Hair Mask
Curry leaves are known for their unique properties. They’re packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, and essential oils. These nutrients help protect your hair against environmental factors such as heat, humidity, and pollution.
To make a curry leaf mask:
- Add 1 tablespoon of curry leaves to 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Massage the mixture onto your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the mixture on overnight.
- Wash out the next day.
- Honey Hair Mask
Honey is full of natural sugars, making it a great way to add shine and moisture to your hair. You can apply this treatment to damp hair or dry hair. If you prefer, you can even leave the mixture overnight.
To make a honey hair mask:
- Combine one cup of honey and 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto your hair and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Banana Hair Mask
Bananas are rich in vitamin A, which helps strengthen hair roots. They’re also loaded with antioxidants, which help protect against free radical damage.
To make a banana hair mask:
- Mash one banana and mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off as usual.
- Egg White Hair Mask
Egg whites contain high protein levels, which makes them perfect for strengthening hair. In addition, they have moisturizing properties that keep your hair soft and shiny.
This simple recipe will give your hair a boost of nutrition while protecting it from environmental factors:
- Combine one whole egg and one cup of nonfat powdered milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Use the mixture as needed.
When it comes to my hair, I always love going the Indian way because it works for me. During my teens, I used to get horrible breakage and split ends. Nowadays, my hair is much healthier and stronger.
I have learned over time that there are many ways to care for our hair. However, some methods may be more effective than others, depending on our hair type.
From the above list, choose what suits you the best and give your scalp the nourishment it needs.