Honeymoon—a beautiful phase where newly married couples celebrate their love. It’s not just a post-wedding trip; it’s an experience. You get to know your partner, explore different places together, try new cuisines, and create memories for a lifetime.
Also Read: Five Romantic Things to do in Pondicherry
It’s the beginning of a new chapter—a chapter that will take you on a soulful journey through the rest of your lives.
If you’re reading this article, chances are that you recently got hitched and are searching for the best places to visit for your honeymoon. To save your time, we have listed the top 10 honeymoon destinations in India that are ideal for lovebirds like you.
Want to be away from the crowd while losing track of time with your beau? Visit this quaint town near Mussoorie in Uttarakhand for a memorable honeymoon. Situated at a distance of 5 km from Mussoorie Mall Road, Landour is a preserved Cantonment town from the British era.
You can take a walk amidst the deodar forests and witness bewitching sunsets with your sweetheart. How about kick-starting your honeymoon with a cozy breakfast date at the famous Landour bakehouse?
Imagine relishing chocolate croissants, sipping coffee, and discussing your future together. Also, you can stay at the forest cottage in a serene spot with breathtaking views of the Garhwal Himalayas. Sounds magical, right?
Things to Do in Landour on Your Honeymoon
- Visit the Landour Bakehouse for a coffee/breakfast date.
- Take the Nag Tibba trek to experience the beauty of Kala Nag, Gangotri, Srikanta, and Bandarpooch ranges.
- Witness a memorable sunset at Lal Tibba sunset point.
- Explore history through colonial architecture like the St Paul’s Church and Kellog’s Memorial Church.
Are you a couple seeking serenity away from the noise? Visit this underrated honeymoon destination in Karnataka, located on the unending Arabian Sea. It offers a pleasant climate, clear skies, and secluded islands that will make your honeymoon extremely special.
Home to several tranquil beaches like Kudle beach, Paradise beach, and Half Moon beach, Gokarna is an ideal place for lovebirds.
If you want to spend moments of solitude with your partner amidst a stellar atmosphere in the lap of nature, Gokarna should be your honeymoon destination. It is located in the Uttara Kannada district and is a 4-hour drive from Goa’s Dabolim airport.
Also Read: 10 Underrated Benefits of Traveling
Things to Do in Gokarna on Your Honeymoon
- Visit Paradis beach for an unforgettable sunset.
- Indulge in water sports at Om Beach.
- Go kayaking at Half Moon beach.
- A romantic sundowner at a beach resort at Kudle Beach.
- Shop at the Flea market.
- Spot Dolphins at the Nirvana beach.
Turn your honeymoon into a royal experience by visiting Udaipur. A utopian city in Rajasthan, Udaipur is surrounded by picturesque landscapes, historical forts, and barren hills of the Aravali range, making it a perfect romantic destination for honeymooners.
You can live life king-size (literally) by staying in luxurious palaces, eating royal food, and exploring preserved Indian heritage. Also called ‘Venice of the East,’ this city of lights is home to the most serene lakes in India.
You can celebrate your love by witnessing spellbinding sunsets and having lake-side dinners.
Things to Do in Udaipur on Your Honeymoon
- Stay at Chunda Palace for a royal vibe.
- Go boating at Lake Pichola.
- Explore the Udaipur City Palace to drown in history.
- Take a boat ride to Jag Mandir, followed by a buffet dinner.
- Lunch with a view at Upre restaurant.
Nestled in the mesmerizing western ghats of India, Coorg is a tranquil hill station in Karnataka. Surrounded by tea plantations, majestic waterfalls, lush green meadows, and astonishing landscapes, this secluded hamlet is a paradise for honeymooners.
The positive vibe, romantic aura, and pleasant climate make for a wonderful honeymoon experience. In the process of falling in love with your partner, you will also fall in love with this place which is home to countless river streams, hidden lakes, and national parks.
It is well-connected with cities like Bengaluru, Mysore, and Mangalore.
Things to Do in Coorg on Your Honeymoon
- Visit Abbey Falls to enjoy nature at its best.
- Take a trek to Tadiandamol Peak.
- Offer prayers at the Namdroling Monastery.
- Witness the sunset at Honnamana Kere Lake.
Kufri, Himachal Pradesh
Ditch the overrated honeymoon destinations like Shimla and Manali and visit this unexplored hill station 20 km from Shimla Mall Road. If you are planning your honeymoon trip during the winter, then Kufri is a dream come true.
Imagine sipping a cup of coffee with your sweetheart while enjoying the snowfall, sitting near the fireplace and talking about life, and going skiing and tobogganing on snow-covered slopes. All of it will contribute to an endearing experience.
Things to Do in Kufri on Your Honeymoon
- Visit Hatu Peak for a memorable sunset.
- Indulge in adventure activities in Narkanda.
- Explore the Chail Palace for a royal vibe.
- Click pictures at Kufri snow point.
- Take a trek amidst the Himalayas.
Sangla Valley, Himachal Pradesh
What’s better than spending your honeymoon at a place surrounded by pristine rivers and snow-capped mountains? Located in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, Sangla Valley is known for its trekking trails, scenic views, secluded waterfalls, and apple orchids.
Picture yourself walking through the pine tree forests with your partner and crossing mystical river streams while breathing in the fresh air away from the crowds.
Hidden from the over-populated regions of Himachal, this dreamy honeymoon destination may have little to offer, but its unmatchable beauty will help ignite the romance in your marriage.
Things to Do in Sangla Valley on Your Honeymoon
- Visit Chitkul—the last Indian village.
- Take an evening walk around the Baspa river.
- Visit the famous Bering Nag Temple.
- Explore Batseri village, located at a distance of 8 km from Sangla.
Honeymoon is all about spending quality time with your partner, getting to know them better, and exploring new places together. Talking of new sites, have you heard about this remote hill station located in Tehri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand?
Nestled amidst dense forests, Chamba is surrounded by snow-clad peaks, green valleys, and rich apple orchids.
This unexplored hamlet is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India because of its untouched beauty and serene vibe. A 5-hour drive from New Delhi, Chamba is for those who love filmy romance.
Things to Do in Chamba on Your Honeymoon
- Take a boat ride in the picturesque Tehri lake.
- Visit Kanatal—a charming hill station located at a distance of 15 km from Chamba.
- Offer prayers at Shri Bhageshwar Mahadev temple.
- A day trip to Mussorie.
Enhance your romance by visiting one of the most romantic cities in India—Jaisalmer. A perfect amalgamation of history, romance, and color, this Golden City is for those lovers who are seeking both serenity and adventure on their honeymoon.
You can together explore historic places and witness the alluring beauty of the great Thar desert. Also, don’t forget to taste the world-famous Rajasthani dishes like Laal Maans, Daal Baati Choorma, Pyaz Ki Kachori, and Ker Sagri, among others.
Things to do in Jaisalmer on your honeymoon
- Explore the historic Jaisalmer Fort.
- Go camping at Sam sand dunes.
- Take a desert safari at Desert National Park.
- Take the Hot Air Balloon Ride.
- Birdwatching at Gadisar Lake.
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
When you’re in Ooty, love is in the air! All newly married couples must visit this magnificent hill station in Tamil Nadu. Known for its colonial architecture, romantic weather, tea plantations, and serene lakes, Ooty is India’s go-to destination for honeymooners.
Its encaptivating beauty will give you memories with your better half to cherish forever. You can visit this heaven anytime during the year, but couples must visit during monsoons to enjoy its romantic vibe.
Things to Do in Ooty on Your Honeymoon
- Enjoy a boat ride with your better half in the serene Ooty lake.
- Witness the majestic beauty of nature at Pykara Falls And Lake.
- Celebrate your love amidst the romantic tranquility at Doddabetta Peak.
- Walk hand-in-hand in the rose garden.
- Witness a spellbinding sunset at Needle Rock View Point.
Honeymoon is for experiencing life-changing moments together. So what’s better than visiting a place where you and your partner can witness the enchanting beauty of Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world?
Also Read: Why Should Sikkim Be on Your Travel List?
Experience the charming beauty of North East through this beguiling hill station surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges and picturesque lakes. You can indulge in adventure activities, explore waterfalls, and savor delicious northeastern cuisines with your sweetheart.
Things to Do in Gangtok on Your Honeymoon
- Visit the heavenly Tsomgo lake.
- Witness the captivating beauty of the Himalayas at Nathula Pass.
- Enjoy the magic of nature at Banjhakri Falls and Park.
- Click pictures at Seven Sisters Waterfalls.
What Does a Good Honeymoon Experience Look Like?
A good honeymoon experience involves a comfortable stay, breathtaking views, stunning locations, and a serene, romantic vibe. In my opinion, the Honeymoon is a period when couples express their desires and dreams to each other.
They communicate and get to know one another to be able to build a happy and prosperous marriage. So, an ideal honeymoon destination should be where you can talk freely, without interference or stress.
Some place where you can enjoy each other’s company while enjoying your surroundings.
They say that it’s the company that matters and not the place. But why not choose a place as good as your company?