The general perception surrounding Desserts and Cakes describes them as unhealthy, sugar-prone, and fat-borne food delicacies. However, resist as you may, it is impossible not to get drawn towards their tempting taste and arousing smell.
Cakes come in a wide variety, from chocolate to plum; there is no dearth of choices to satiate your tastebuds. Moreover, with advancements in every sphere of life, the dessert has also evolved.
You may have seen offerings like Kitkat Cakes, Ferrero Rocher Cakes, among others. One such fusion of the tasty confection comes in Oreo Chocolate Cake.
Initially, it was arduous to even arrange for the ingredients; however, I have finally, after numerous attempts, mastered the art of making an Oreo Chocolate Cake.
Chocolate Oreo Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Oreo Biscuit (120gms)
- White flour(maida) – 1 small cup
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar Powder – as per taste
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda/ENO – 1/4 tsp
- Refined Oil/Melted Butter – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 2-3 cups (as required to get a smooth batter)
- Cashew – 10 to 15 pieces crushed (optional)
Step by step method to make Oreo Chocolate Cake:
Step 1: Grind the biscuits.
Step 2: Mix all the dry ingredients (biscuit powder, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder & crushed cashew).
Step 3: Add milk slowly while mixing the batter.
Step 4: Add melted butter/refined oil & mix it. The batter should not be too thin (like water) or too thick.
Step 5: At last, add baking soda & a drop of water. Then mix it all together.
Step 6: Now, transfer the mixture to a greased bowl and keep it in the microwave oven at convection mode for 20-25 mins at 160 degrees.
For cake icing (optional):
Step 1: Cut your cake with a knife into two layers slowly by keeping your palm on the upper surface of the cake.
Step 2: Moist the cake with some drops of water on both pieces. If your cake needs more sweetness, add some sugar powder in water, then moist it with the same.
Step 3: Take chocolate compound 8-10 squares in a bowl, or if you don’t have one, you can use cocoa powder, add 3-4 tbsp of regular milk cream (you can replace it with milk).
Step 4: Add sugar powder as per the sweetness required.
Step 5: Take a pan, fill it half with water, and put the mixture bowl (from step 3) into it.
Step 6: Put it on gas on low flame. Once the chocolate is adequately melted, take it off the gas, let it cool down to room temperature.
Step 7: Now, apply the thick chocolate paste on the 1st layer of cake, then put the other layer over it and apply the paste on it. Let it dry for some time.
Step 8: Once it’s dried, take the same chocolate paste and add 1-2 spoons of milk to make it thin. Add 1/4 tbsp of butter or refined oil and a pinch of honey. Keep it the same way as earlier on gas.
Step 9: Once it becomes thin like running water and appropriately melted, pour it on the cake.
Kudos! Your perfect Oreo Chocolate Cake is ready. You can decorate it with gems or sprinkles.
Tips & tricks:
- Always preheat the oven for 10 mins -before baking.
- Always grease the bowl with butter or oil before transferring the mixture into it.
- If you are using a microwave oven for a half kg cake, it will take around 20-25 mins to bake at 160 degrees.
- If you are using an OTG oven, it will take 40-50 mins at 180 degrees with heating mode set from both up and down.
- If it’s your 1st baking, always set less time, and check the cake by pricking it with a toothpick. If it comes out all clean without any liquid on it, the cake is baked.
Liked reading? Why not subscribe to The Word Street Journal?