As an important enhancer of main course food items and snacks, sauce or chutney adds fervor to lip-smacking delicacies. Its appetizing taste and smell are a blessing for food lovers around the globe.
However, preparing a delectable onion and tomato sauce remains challenging for most. In India, there are wide varieties of Chutneys prepared in different parts of the diverse country. Here’s one of the simplest, shortest, and tastiest sauce recipes that’ll help you in satiating your cravings.
Also Read: Lemon Rice Recipe
INGREDIENTS for Onion and Sauce Recipe
- Tomatoes – 3 small sized (roughly chopped)
- Onion -1 medium-sized (roughly chopped, with separated layers)
- Green Chili – As per taste
- Garlic – 4-5 pieces
- Ginger – Small piece, equal to ¼ tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ tbsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Mustard Oil – 2-3 tbsp
Also Read: White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- Take half tbsp of mustard oil in a pan, and add all the chilies, garlic & ginger.
- Roast them all on slow flame till the color changes (2-4 mins). Once done, keep it aside & let it cool down.
- Now, with half tbsp of oil, roast the onion (4-5 mins) & tomatoes (7-10 mins) separately. Once done, let them cool down.
- Now it’s time to crush the roasted garlic, ginger & chili in an Indian-style stone grinder (used to make chutney manually). Once crushed, take them out in a bowl.
- Repeat the same process for onion & tomato. After everything is crushed, mix them all in a bowl.
- At last, take 1 tbsp of oil & heat it on medium flame. Add mustard seeds, and once they start spluttering, add the mixture to the pan. Stir it once and close the flame.
Our chutney is ready. You can have it with plain or stuffed parathas or any snack you love.